Thursday, August 7, 2008

Crankworx!

I'm in Whistler until the 18th for Crankworx, this big freeride/mountain biking festival.

We got here yesterday. The drive was pretty.  I'm not so happy about not being able to ride my bike for so long (I didn't bring it with me), but I guess I can consider this my end-of-season break, just not at the end of the season. Hopefully it doesn't mess up my track racing too much for the rest of the season.
 
It's weird being at a mountain in the summer.  There are so many downhill riders.  I've never seen so many!  Little kids, parents, everyone.  

I've been so busy lately.  I went to Cleveland last weekend, and I worked 10 hour days all last week to make up for not working on Friday.  This week, I've been working a lot to get ready for Crankworx.  

I also made an amazing discovery today.  I found watermelon, nectarine, and all other flavors of cider.  I must investigate this, or maybe I should just move to Canada.

1 comment:

BrendanBenson said...

Ohhh your legs are going to be hurting when you get back to the track! You'll probably still have plenty of fitness, but your leg speed will be nothing. I speak from experience.