Friday, October 17, 2008

Cat 2!

I was bored at work the other day, and I convinced myself to apply for an upgrade to Cat 2.

What was I thinking?  I don't know.  I figured, if I have the points, I might as well try.  My upgrade got approved this morning.  I'm really excited about it because now I have something else to look forward to other than work.  I really want to give this thing a shot, and with all my collegiate points, it was silly to waste them.  The only thing is... people are madd fast out here.  It ain't like Michigan.

I've been riding a lot this week, feeling super motivated.  It's a long, rainy winter here in Seattle, so hopefully it lasts.  I have been feeling great, though!  I rode a hard 40 yesterday and didn't feel too taxed.  Then I did another 25 this morning with a lot of flat sprints/stomps.  Riding is hard around here;  it takes a long time to ride 40 miles!

My hamstrings are super sore from cx practice on Wednesday.  Overall, though, cx is really helping me.  My cornering is feeling a lot better.  Erin is helping me with that, too.  I feel like I am one with the bike on the road.  Love that Colnago. :)

No comments: