Saturday, June 20, 2009

Wavering

I have been wavering in and out of disappointment lately.  

I have a few new things on my plate to keep me occupied.  I am taking an intro to architecture class this summer, as that is something I have always had interests in and I keep returning to it as a career path.  I'm also working on a little animation project which is proving to be quite time consuming.  

I am still bummed, though.  Bummed to be missing out on the races, to be sitting at home while everyone else is out there killing it.  It isn't so bad because I am keeping busy, but it's hard not to look at this as a catastrophic failure.   I'm also not really feeling better.  I rode literally around the block this week, and that hurt.  The doctor's visit gave me no answers except that I need to do more physical therapy.

I'm not sure what my cycling future will entail.  I may go back to training the way I did during collegiate season last year.  This would provide a more balanced life, but I will have to reevaluate my goals.  It is hard to let go of the dream, but I have to be realistic or find a different way to make it work.  

No comments: