Here is the skinny:
-The injury saga continues. Last week, my physical therapy session involved a conference call with my other PT. The good news is that we are making progress. I am learning how to walk again and also learning how to pedal, focusing on using my glutes and not my poor adductor. I am also doing a lot of strange exercises that force me to active things in the right order. This is annoying because I want to do big heavy weights where it feels like I am making progress, but instead I practice simple things like rotating on my hip, extending my knee without moving my hip, and contracting my glutes and hamstrings in the right order. I think it is working, though. I have a new plan to start running and swimming again to maintain balance.
I am learning all sorts of things about stabilizers. Now I will be the coach who tells everyone to think about stabilizing before moving, probably to the point where it is annoying. Additionally, I am constantly frustrated by how David, my old coach, has passed away. Every time something doesn't make sense, and especially every time it does make sense, I am left wanting to tell him about it but not being able to. Come back!
-On another note, I have a new job. I no longer work at HSP, but I am now coaching solo. I have also returned to my marketing roots part time, doing marketing for this architecture/engineering firm that does reserve studies for condos. Basically, they are long, complicated reports that outline how much money needs to be saved to make repairs. It is not the most exciting subject matter I have ever worked with, but it kind of markets itself because they are required by law and it is nice to be somewhat intellectually challenged again. I have replaced floor mopping with marketing plan writing. Plus I am still coaching and doing this animation side project thing. Lots going on!
-Also still waiting to hear on grad school. I am thinking I want to focus on more of a human factors/industrial engineering route with this program. It is very flexible, and I like human-centered design concept and the perspective that the program will bring, but I do not want to be a web designer. When in doubt, go the engineering route.
No comments:
Post a Comment