Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Interbike

I am at the Vegas airport, on my way back to Seattle.

Interbike was very cool.  The first two days were the outdoor demo, which is in the desert.  It was 95 degrees and really, really dusty.  We did camera demos, which went fairly well.  Now I have to send everyone their footage.  We couldn't do DVDs on site because of the dust and the lack of power.

Today I went to the indoor showcase.  It was really cool.  I got tons of stickers and swag.  I also got pictures of some things, such as the P4.  That was particularly noteworthy because I took the picture before I realized what it was.  In other news, apparently Chris King makes bottom brackets now.  I also talked to all of our competition who had booths.  They weren't happy to see me.

Bicycle paint jobs are not what they used to be.  All the Colnagos were plain. :(  I did get to play with the electronic dura-ace, though.

I don't like Vegas.  It is hot, dirty, and makes me feel like I need to exercise.  I will be happy to return to the Seattle rain.  Never thought I would say that. :)

No comments: