This weekend, I went to Mt. Hood, OR for a small event at Windell's camp.
It's a freeride, snowboard, ski, and skateboard camp. Pretty cool! They had a lot of jumps, skate ramps, and even an indoor foam pit. I also met the Hayes Brakes rep, which would be great if I mountain biked.
Basically, all these things are boiling down to one solution: I need to start mountain biking. The freeride scene is so much more laid back. The only problem is that I am deathly afraid, and I don't know if I can get over it. Now, I have to start preparing for Interbike! I know, my job is just not fun at all. I also played on a giant pogo stick.
On the way back, I took a detour and went over the Tacoma Narrows Bridge. I thought it was the coolest thing ever. No one else seemed to share my feelings, though. There was no historical site or anything. I spent about an hour trying to figure out how to get on it by foot, but I was unsuccessful. Oh, what a failed engineering project.
Westbound was much cooler. There were big grates in the bridge so you couldn't switch lanes.
As soon as I got on to the other side, it started pouring. Good ol' Olympic Peninsula. 
Eastbound is newer. Not as cool.

Luckily, the bridge didn't resonate and collapse when I was on it.
Mt. Hood was gorgeous. But it was hard to get pictures. It was also really cold. It snowed on the mountain on Saturday night, and it was around 35 at the bottom.

No comments:
Post a Comment