Sunday, November 9, 2008

Bellingham Getaway

Yesterday, Erin and I headed up to Bellingham for the night.  He had to work on Saturday, so we left around 2 PM.  On the way up, it was so pretty outside.  We even saw a rainbow.
We walked around for a bit, had dinner at a Mexican restaurant and then went to one of those pottery painting places.  We painted Christmas ornaments.  Since we were from out of town, they will ship them to us when they're ready.  I hope they turned out nice!  It was so much fun, though.  We laughed and laughed. :)

Today we went to breakfast and then headed out for a 3.5 hour pure E ride.  We went from Bellingham up to Birch Park, which is right along the sound.  It was kind of rainy but still pretty.  Now I am tired.  It was nice to get away for a day.

We also finally mounted the deer hoof coat rack.  My dad gave me the hooves last year from the deer he shot (I guess they come with the mounted head...), and today, we finally mounted them.  Before this, I just had 4 separate hooves with screws in them.  I have a feeling this will freak out a few people.


No comments: