I had a hard week of training. I ended up being a few hours short, but I am beat up. Yesterday, I went on the Rocket Ride for the first time. It's a really fast group ride lead by a few former pros, and it's fast from start to finish. It's only 50 miles and about 2.75 hours, but it just about killed me. It's very hilly, and I averaged 190 watts for the ride (most group rides, I average 140ish).
I was able to hang on until the last 5 miles or so. The thing about the rocket ride is this: it's not if you will get dropped, it's when. It's almost worse to get dropped later because the pain just lasts longer. I was digging myself into a special compartment in the hurt box, but TH gave me some awesome pushes that saved me from really turning it inside out.
Today I could only manage 90 minutes on the trainer, and I couldn't ride above my endurance zone. I also mistakenly assumed that this week would be a recovery week. Surprise! It's not!
No comments:
Post a Comment