Friday, December 11, 2009

Getting Better

Each day is a little bit better. Yesterday, I made it outside and drove all by myself. I figured I would practice since I am going back to work on Monday.

This whole experience has taught me a lot about how I can better interact with other people. I am learning what I would want in a difficult situation, and going forward, I want to make sure that I provide these things for other people. It isn't asking a lot. For example, I hardly know my co-workers at my marketing job, but they all sent me a get well card, signed by everyone. It only took a minute, but it meant a lot to me. I find it odd that more people can't do simple things like this.

People often define themselves by what they do, and they are placed in different boxes accordingly, such as engineer, artist, cyclist, triathlete, etc. I've never felt like I truly fit in any of these boxes. I'm at a point right now where the boxes in which I was placed have been taken away from me, and I am questioning if I even want to get them back. The coldness that I have felt from other people has made me question this even further. Other people probably don't realize how much I am struggling with this whole situation because they are busy, but the things that people say, the light promises they make, turn into great disappointments when they don't follow through with them. I know that most of it is not personal, but it does not have to be this way. In the future, I want to make sure that I am aware of others and how my actions affect them. And I want to truly make an effort, even if it is just a small gesture, to help others when they are in need. Because, really, it makes a big difference. And I will remember those who made an effort.

p.s. I always look at the analytics for the blog and try to figure out who is reading it based on the map overlay, but I often can't figure out who I know in a particular state. It is a fun game to play, though. Lots of WA readers!

p.p.s. E! just called and they want to make a documentary about my fall from grace in the cycling world. Should air soon. Stay posted. (animation in progress)

1 comment:

L. Scherer said...

I use google anayltics too! It's really interesting, I love looking at the stats.