I had surgery on Friday, and it went well. They gave me a spinal so I watched the whole thing on the monitor. Normally, watching surgery on my own body part would really freak me out, but with all the drugs, I was pretty dissociated from it. We also had a lot of fun, and we laughed a whole bunch throughout the whole thing.
He found 2 tears, but I don't have specific details on them yet. He also did a little bit of bone reshaping but only a few millimeters. Now it is 3 days after the surgery and I am feeling pretty good! Still moving slowly, but I am off the narcotics (thankfully since they made me dizzy) and I got outside a little bit yesterday. I am not in too much pain, but I still have to be really patient with the recovery. I can't twist my hip for ~6 weeks, which is the most difficult part. Putting on socks is also hard.
My mom came out for the weekend and we stayed at the Four Seasons. I know this sounds really snooty, but it was actually a really great idea because my house is incredibly difficult to navigate. I think this decision sped up my recovery because I didn't have to navigate stairs or narrow hallways. We had fun playing board games and watching movies.
The novelty of crutches still hasn't worn off for me, so I enjoy hobbling around on them and hearing the click click click everywhere I go. My biggest complaint at this point is my sore neck from laying in bed for too long.
Here is a picture from the fire pit/pool area at the hotel. Not so bad!
1 comment:
Good to see you're doing well!
Post a Comment