Saturday, May 3, 2008

The Tragedy of Commons

Now that many of my housemates have moved out and we are no longer using our chore wheel, I have experienced first hand the tragedy of commons.

It seems like I unload the dishwasher all the time.  It doesn't really bother me, but I do find it to be an interesting phenomenon that no one does anything when no one has an assigned task.  But why is it that I always seem to cave first?  Maybe because I have too much free time.

I am getting more excited about moving and entering the real world.  It's exciting that I can do whatever I want now.  I've applied to a few more jobs, and I seem to be getting a little warmer.  I also may have found a cycling team that I can race for.  I am also excited to move to Seattle because it is so nice there.  I'm slowly getting beyond the whatdoidonow? phase.

I registered for Cone Azalia tomorrow, but I'm not feeling too excited about it.  We'll see what happens.  Hopefully my dream of breaking my Litespeed fork in half doesn't come true!

1 comment:

BrendanBenson said...

Ha! Your house is spotless compared to the CAF.

No towing fatties tomorrow. You and Julie should have no problem destroying the field.